Friday, October 19, 2012

Let me introduce you ...

Many of you know Guy Jordan.  In this blog, I want to introduce you to My Dad.  Yes, they are the same man yet, at the same time they seem very different.  Many people know the rough, gruff, austere man but I know the gentle, loving, sentimental one.  When I was very young, my Dad had long hair and full beard (Yes, it was that long ago). Many thought he was rough and would never think of messing with him.  However, I didn't see it that way.  When Dad came home from a long day at work, he instantly became Prince Charming.  You see, I was his princess and he always came for tea.  Mom has a picture that shows Dad trying his best to fit in the little chair at my table while sipping imaginary tea.  When the world saw a tough businessman, I saw my Prince Charming.  The man who would teach me that I deserved to be treated like a princess.  The man who melted whenever I batted my big, brown eyes at him.  The man who set the bar extremely high for any man who dared to take his Princess away. This is the man that I am so proud to call ... My Dad.   

No comments:

Post a Comment